Hatanpaa Arboretum (Finnish: Hatanpään arboretum) is a beautiful botanical garden with lots of nice flowers located on the shores of Pyhäjärvi Lake, just 3 kilometers (1,8 mi) south of the center of Tampere, southern Finland.
Five interesting facts about Hatanpaa Arboretum:
- The construction of the garden started in 1971.
- The planting started in 1973.
- It contains more than 500 plant species.
- The Latin and the Finnish name of each plant is written on the label attached to the plant.
- Most of the plants in the garden are indigenous to the Tampere area, but there are also more exotic and rare species.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended.
Finland Tours & Activities
Hatanpaa Arboretum Map
How to use this map
Use your computer mouse to zoom in and out. Click the icon (orange star) on the map to get more information about the place I mention in this post. If you click the star next to the title of the map, this map will be added to your own Google Maps.
Hatanpaa Arboretum Plants Pictures
Address: Hatanpään puistokuja, 33900 Tampere, Finland